Monday 6 August 2012

One breath



In one breath
you flew into my life,
as unexpectedly as the fly in summer
that sneaks in unawares

Unlike the fly,
content to stay
even going deeper than is comfortable,
you were quick to exit
the opening I did not even see

So I am left choking
in the sudden emptiness,
as if all laughter left with you
and all hope disintegrates
into the reality
of a world where people simply don't care anymore

It would be so easy to drown in the shallowness of today's existence
When did it all change?
When did life and its people become so devoid of compassion and honesty?
I want to hit the light switch of change
but it's nowhere to be found;
By candlelight I wait
It's so cold and dark in here

(c) Dianne Traynor  6 August 2012

(c) Photography by Dianne Traynor


No comments:

Post a Comment